Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Moving Bonsai trees to Utah





When we moved to Utah, only 3 of the 15+ lived. The only survivors, 3 Junipers. Anyway, that kind of made me lose some interest. Plus, we moved to a new house and had baby #3. But, now I've skipped the pot bonsai trees for now and have planted the 3 that survived in the ground. They have survived this last winter and are looking great and very full compared to those first pictures from California. Last night, I picked up about $35 dollars worth of 5 trees, a Buffalo Juniper, 2 Hino Crimson Azalea's, a red japanese maple and a green japanese maple. I just planted them in my bonsai garden after work today. I counted how many trees I have and I am now up to 25. The 5 I bought, the 3 survivors from socal, probably another 5 or so that we got from the Arbor Day Foundation last year and a bunch of little maple tree seedlings I dug up from my mother-in-law's ginormous maple tree. I'll put individual pics and descriptions later. For now, here's my collection.

No comments: